Saturday 15 October 2011

Brenda Song engaged to Trace Cyrus

Trace Cyrus and Brenda Song are engaged! Miley Cyrus' bro asked his girlfriend to marry him and announced the good news on Twitter.


"I am very excited to say, last week I asked my girlfriend Brenda Song to marry me and she said YES!" the former Metro Station rocker posted on Twitter Friday. "We are both very excited to be engaged!"


Miley also tweeted about the good news: "@TraceCyrus can't wait for Brenda to be a Cyrus :)" she wrote, adding "Couldn't be more excited about my 'sister in law to be' yay :)."


Cyrus announced the big news on Twitter, saying, “I am very excited to say, last week I asked my girlfriend Brenda Song to marry me and she said YES! We are both very excited to be engaged!”


It was the last tweet sent on his old phone, as he followed up the engagement report with the announcement that he had purchased a new iPhone 4s with a new phone number.


According to Zap2it, Cyrus’ famous sister Miley Cyrus took to Twitter to congratulate the happy couple and welcoming Song into the family, saying, “Can’t wait for Brenda to be a Cyrus :) couldn’t be more excited about my ‘sister in law to be’ yay :).”


In August, news spread that Song, 23, was pregnant and Cyrus was the father.


A source at the time said, “[The pregnancy] was not expected. They were both startled to find out she’s pregnant… They are figuring out how to handle it.”


Cyrus is a musician and former lead guitarist for the band Metro Station before moving on to form the band Ashland High. Cyrus has also started his own clothing line. Song, meanwhile, is currently lending her voice to an upcoming TV animated movie, Tinker Bell and the Pixie Hollow Games.

No comments: