Thursday 31 May 2012

Rudd 'totally stoked' about new grandchild


Josephine was born yesterday, but Mr Rudd announced the birth on Twitter this morning.

"Well folks, I'm totally stoked," he said.

Mr Rudd said the baby, whose father is Albert Tse, was just under 3kg at birth.

"Jess has given birth to a beautiful baby girl," he said.

Grandmother Therese Rein said on Twitter Josephine arrived on her due date.

"Toe-curling joy as I gaze into the eyes of my brand-new baby granddaughter. Words inadequate," she said.

The news was kept under wraps until Friday, when Mr Rudd informed people attending a regular lunchtime barbecue for the homeless in Brisbane.

"I have just become a grandfather," Mr Rudd was quoted by Brisbane's South-East Advertiser newspaper as saying to much applause.

"I've got to rip down to the Mater Hospital and inspect the inheritance."

Mr Rudd later wrote on social networking site Twitter: "Well folks, I'm totally stoked."

Jessica announced the news soon after, also on Twitter.

"Albert & I are delighted to announce that Josephine Therese Tse arrived yesterday - her due date! Clever girl," she wrote.

New great-grandmother Elizabeth McLean was due to visit on Friday night, much to the excitement of her daughter the former first lady.

"I can't wait to bring my Mum in to meet Josephine tonight," Ms Rein said on Twitter.

"Four generations of McLean girls: 1 day old to 86."

Ms Rein's initial reaction to the baby was also recorded on Twitter: "Toe-curling joy as I gaze into the eyes of my brand-new baby granddaughter. Words inadequate."

Jessica has worked in law, public relations and politics, but is now a writer and lives in Beijing where her husband works for the Macquarie Group.

No comments: