Sunday 3 June 2012

Robert Pattinson - Pattinson: I'm Not Buff Enough For Action Movies



The 26-year-old British actor, who shares sex scenes with co-star Patricia McKenzie, says: “I don’t really have a problem with those scenes or nudity in general.

“I think it’s more complicated for actresses who are worried about how those scenes can be exploited by the media and how naked photos are constantly getting posted on the internet.”

But even confident R-Patz had problems at one stage while making the film, directed by horror maestro David Cronenberg.

He says: “The sex scenes with Patricia were more difficult.

“It was kind of strange but in the script we were supposed to climax at the beginning of the scene then have this discussion afterwards.

“But David had the brilliant and inspired idea to have us talk while we were having sex.”

He said: ''If there is a way to maintain a career doing small, interesting movies I would take that option. I'm not buff enough for robot movies.''

Robert also revealed he lacks confidence in his abilities and isn't expecting anyone to go wild for his latest movie 'Cosmopolis''.

He told Empire magazine: ''That's my biggest problem, confidence. I'm taking baby steps and hoping people will keep employing me. I can't see tons of people watching 'Cosmopolis' and screaming at it. It would be amazing if they did.

Robert, 26, has previously admitted he locked himself in his hotel room for a fortnight prior to shooting the drama movie - which sees him play Eric Packer, a multi-billionaire Wall Street CEO - because he was worried about the role but was calmed down by director David Cronenberg who reassured him that his talent would bring out the best in his alter-ego.

He said: ''The preparation, I kind of spent two weeks in my hotel room worrying and confusing myself. I remember the weekend before we started shooting, I called David to talk to him about it, to ask him 'one question' like, 'Want to talk about the movie for a bit?'

''So then I went round to David's house and he said, 'It doesn't really matter. Let's just start, then something will happen.' I think Eric Packer's impossible to approach like you would a normal character.

No comments: